Semi Brogue Oxford
|Color & Material Chestnut Calf Leather|
The Commissioner is the choice of the scholar and the gentleman. Built on our oxford last it has a formal appearance, yet the brouge pattern adds charachter.
The Commissioner is often the choice of the high scholar and the gentleman. Being built on our classic oxford last it has a formal appearance, yet the delicate brogue pattern adds character and makes the shoes slightly less formal.
100% Italian leather. Comes in Soft Bounce and Energy Rebound.
For the history buffs: Brogues were traditionally considered to be outdoor or country footwear not otherwise appropriate for casual or business occasions, but brogues are now widely considered appropriate in most contexts. Brogues are known for their multi-piece construction and perforated, serrated piece edges.
Modern brogues trace their roots to a rudimentary shoe originating in Scotland and Ireland that was constructed using untanned hide. Modern brogues feature decorative perforations. These are often said to stem from the original Irish brogues as well, specifically from holes intended to allow water to drain from the shoes when the wearer crossed wet terrain.
|Outsole||Natural rubber (NR)|
|Bounce pads||SOFT BOUNCE: 35HV Softness (AKA VERY SOFT)
ENERGY REBOUND: 45HV Softness (AKA MEDIUM SOFT)
|Weight||10 ounces / 283 grams (single shoe / reference size 9)|
|Last||An Oxford last, quintessential English with a rounded toe.|
|Width||Our shoes are a medium width, standard D|
|Upper||Calf Leather from Italy|
|Liner||Soft calf leather from Legio region in Italy|
All feet are different and we want to make sure that you receive the shoe right for you. In order to lessen the environmental impact of excess shipping we hope that you will carefully pick your size which will result in less transportation and pollution.
Important Notes Regarding our FLITELESS fit:
- All our Fliteless shoes are running 1/2 size large. We recommend you place your order in a size 0.5 smaller than your usual foot size.
- Remember – returns are free in Europe and North America!
North America & Europe:
- Free shipping via tracked DHL service. Expect product to arrive within 2-4 business days after placing your order.
Outside of North America and Europe:
- $20 Standard shipping via tracked DHL service. Expect product to arrive within 2-4 business days after placing your order.
We are so confident you will love your Fliteless shoes that we offer FREE returns on all unworn products within 14 days of receipt.
No hidden restocking fees. No store credit. We even include the return shipping label in your shipments – so, you don’t even need a printer.
We say FREE, we mean it!
In order for your shoes to last longer and keep their looks there are certain care measurements that should be taken into consideration.
Before applying any shoe care products your shoes should dry and be brushed down to remove old dust and dirt.
Always cover up the colored bounce pads on the profile of your Fliteless shoes before applying shoe cream or any shoe care product. We suggest using a small piece of tape.
There are some simple steps to follow if you want to increase the longevity of your shoes as well keeping the appearance top notch:
- Try to avoid using the same pair of leather shoes every day in order to let them dry out properly. Leather is a natural material that is worn out quicker when moist. This rule applies to all leather products.
- Use a shoe horn when putting your shoes on. Using a shoe horn will reduce the strain on the heal of the shoe.
- Use a shoe tree daily to maintain the shape of your shoe, avoiding excess creasing as well as helping the drying process.
- Brush away old dirt and dust and use a damp cloth or sponge to prepare your shoe for treatment.
- For leather shoes you should regularly apply a conditioning shoe cream to keep the leather supple, hydrated and to increase its water resistance. Remember to cover up the colored bounce pads on the profile of your Fliteless shoes before applying shoe cream or any other shoe care product. We suggest using a small piece of tape.
- We also recommend treating our suede shoes with a suede protector before use.