Cap-Toe Derby Lug Sole
|Color & Material Black Pebble Grain|
The Chairman is a modern Derby with character. Whether in pebble grain or Italian calf leather this model will be among your favorites.
The Chairman is a modern-day Derby with character. The triple stitching and the progressive last sends a message of punch. Whether in pebble grain or calf leather this model will comfortably be among your favorites. 100% Italian leather.
Available in 100% Italian calf and pebble grain leather. Comes in Soft Bounce and Energy Rebound.
For the history buffs: A derby is characterized by quarters with shoelace eyelets that are sewn on top of the vamp. This construction method, also known as “open lacing”, contrasts with that of the oxford, and is traditionally known as a bit more casual than the closed laced oxford style.
A derby shoe may be referred to as a blutcher, although technically the blucher is a different design of shoe where only eyelet tabs (not larger quarters) are sewn onto a single piece vamp.
The derby became a popular sporting and hunting boot in the 1850s, but by the turn of the 20th century, the derby had become appropriate for wear in town.
The roots of the derby shoe are not entirely clear though many trace its history back to the 14th Earl of Derby who had big feet, which made it difficult for him to get into boots. Therefore, his bootmaker created an open lace boot style that allowed him to put on his boots more easily.
|Outsole||Natural rubber (NR)|
|Bounce pads||SOFT BOUNCE: 35HV Softness (AKA VERY SOFT)
ENERGY REBOUND: 45HV Softness (AKA MEDIUM SOFT)
|Last||The Derby last with a rounded toe. Fits well for a high arch.|
|Width||Our shoes are a medium width, standard D|
|Upper||Pebble grain leather from Spain|
|Liner||Soft calf leather from Legio region in Italy|
All feet are different and we want to make sure that you receive the shoe right for you. In order to lessen the environmental impact of excess shipping we hope that you will carefully pick your size which will result in less transportation and pollution.
Important Notes Regarding our FLITELESS fit:
- All our Fliteless shoes are running 1/2 size large. We recommend you place your order in a size 0.5 smaller than your usual foot size.
- Remember – returns are free in Europe and North America!
North America & Europe:
- Free shipping via tracked DHL service. Expect product to arrive within 2-4 business days after placing your order.
Outside of North America and Europe:
- $20 Standard shipping via tracked DHL service. Expect product to arrive within 2-4 business days after placing your order.
We are so confident you will love your Fliteless shoes that we offer FREE returns on all unworn products within 14 days of receipt.
No hidden restocking fees. No store credit. We even include the return shipping label in your shipments – so, you don’t even need a printer.
We say FREE, we mean it!
In order for your shoes to last longer and keep their looks there are certain care measurements that should be taken into consideration.
Before applying any shoe care products your shoes should dry and be brushed down to remove old dust and dirt.
Always cover up the colored bounce pads on the profile of your Fliteless shoes before applying shoe cream or any shoe care product. We suggest using a small piece of tape.
There are some simple steps to follow if you want to increase the longevity of your shoes as well keeping the appearance top notch:
- Try to avoid using the same pair of leather shoes every day in order to let them dry out properly. Leather is a natural material that is worn out quicker when moist. This rule applies to all leather products.
- Use a shoe horn when putting your shoes on. Using a shoe horn will reduce the strain on the heal of the shoe.
- Use a shoe tree daily to maintain the shape of your shoe, avoiding excess creasing as well as helping the drying process.
- Brush away old dirt and dust and use a damp cloth or sponge to prepare your shoe for treatment.
- For leather shoes you should regularly apply a conditioning shoe cream to keep the leather supple, hydrated and to increase its water resistance. Remember to cover up the colored bounce pads on the profile of your Fliteless shoes before applying shoe cream or any other shoe care product. We suggest using a small piece of tape.
- We also recommend treating our suede shoes with a suede protector before use.